Docker On Windows
Got started with Docker on Windows. Which in itself is quite the quest.
Got to a point where I could start a more complicated implementation and it failed with the following error:
standard_init_linux.go:211: exec user process caused "no such file or directory"
Dockerfile was pointing to a Bash shell script as
ENTRYPOINT and the shell script has been altered to use
CRLF instead of
LF, while working under WSL
Changing the line endings back to
LF fixed the issue.
Resources and References
StackOverflow: “standard_init_linux.go:190: exec user process caused “no such file or directory” - Docker”
- “How to check if your PC can run Windows 10 Hyper-V”
- Microsoft Docs: “Step-By-Step: Enabling Hyper-V for use on Windows 10
- Microsoft Docs: Install Hyper-V on Windows 10
- Docker Docs: Install Docker Desktop on Windows
- Docker Docs: Get started with Docker for Windows